Warrior Weekend ’14 Highlights
Warrior Weekend ’14 was another great success as alumni, friends, faculty, staff, and current students all gathered together on the Fort Wayne campus for a variety of festive events and activities. Here are some of the highlights of the weekend if you were not able to make it back to campus.
- 9 gentlemen and their guests returned to celebrate 50-years since their graduation in 1964
- Super Technology 101 sessions about the new C3 from Mark Richter, the Education Lab from Dr. Brad Yoder, and the Criminal Justice Lab from Dominic Lombardo
- Associate Professor of Business, Sherrill Hamman, shared her story to a full room at the annual Prayer Service
- Academic Center dedication ceremony
- Very successful Road Warrior Cruise-In with over 40 vehicles – many students, alumni & guests enjoyed walking through the area on campus with music from a live band
- Alumni Baseball game
- Alumni Soccer games
- Fun Alumni Lunch honoring the members of the class of 1964, three alumni award winners, the newest Alumni Hall of Fame inductee, and more
- Herman Habegger returned to celebrate his 66th anniversary of graduating
- A riveting inaugural home opener for the Indiana Tech Ice Hockey team
- Fabulous tours of the new Academic Center
- A wonderful time of meeting new people and renewing old friendships
This spectacular homecoming weekend was capped off with the 25th Annual TWIST Golf Outing played at Chestnut Hills on Sunday, September 21. There was another full field of foursomes that teed off at Noon. All had a great time during the day both on the course and in the club house socializing. This year’s outing brought in over $15,000 which will be distributed evenly between Warrior athletics and the Moore-Trask Scholarship (awarded annually to a deserving business student).
Don’t miss out on all of the wonderful events planned for Warrior Weekend ’15. Put the dates on your calendar today: September 17-20, 2015.
Pictures of Warrior Weekend are posted to our Facebook page, so be sure to check them out after the event has concluded.