Oral History Project FAQ
Your memories are part of Indiana Tech history! Indiana Tech is partnering with Publishing Concepts Incorporated (PCI) on the Indiana Tech Oral History Project. This project will update alumni records and capture alumni memories in digital and print format. Here is how it works:
- Beginning March 14, 2022, PCI will invite alumni to participate in the project by postcard and email.
- Alumni who wish to participate will call PCI at 1.866.588.8760 to confirm their alumni information and share their stories with professional interviewers.
- Alumni will have the opportunity to purchase project packages. You do not have to make a purchase to be included in the project. Your story will be added to the digital archive regardless of purchase choice.
- Access to editing portal. Stories are recorded, transcribed, and edited, and you will have access to an online portal to review and make corrections to your story. Alumni will be able to submit a photo through the online portal.
You are vital to the success of this project, your memories add context and depth to the Indiana Tech story. Whether you graduated last year or decades past, we want to hear from you. Indiana Tech will keep copies of the project in our archive, the book will also be published and stored in the Library of Congress as an official record.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers:
It’s legit! We have partnered with Publishing Concepts Incorporated (PCI) to produce an Oral History Publication for Indiana Tech (Indiana Institute of Technology). PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, Texas, that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows Indiana Tech to hear about your personal experiences and explain how this university has helped shape your life.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information: The process allows us to effectively communicate and engage with our alumni
- Legacy: The project preserves the history of our university
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (personal identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed and then ask you to share your story about your time at Indiana Tech. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to the university at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
Yes. There is a voicemail line set up specifically for Indiana Tech alumni—1.866.588.8760.
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service help desk at 1.800.982.1590, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can call back at any time to share your story 1.866.588.8760.
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
Indiana Tech’s Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Indiana Tech alumni.
Contact PCI’s customer service help desk at 1.800.982.1590 and they will take care of this for you.
If you have questions about this project, contact Kristi Jarmus, Indiana Tech director of alumni relations, at email@example.com, or 260.399.2837.